We believe the education students receive today will influence their actions tomorrow. As advocates for educators who teach truth, inclusion and social justice, we provide those educators the tools and support they need to inspire students to become advocates for change.
This summer, join us for an educator workshop to strengthen a comprehensive social studies curriculum through intentional teaching about social justice.
The engaging two-day professional development workshop will equip K-12 teachers, student teachers and administrators with the methods and resources to create learning environments that build a deeper understanding of social justice and its impact on our society. The workshop will focus on:
- Sources that reflect multiple perspectives, with emphasis on the voices of those traditionally overlooked or purposefully disregarded
- Development of critical thinking and literacy skills
- Transformative civic education aligned with state and national standards
- Genuine connections between past and current events
- Student empowerment to generate change outside the classroom
Through the deliberate practice of teaching for social justice, educators and students can engage in civic discourse that will prepare them for future democratic decision-making. The workshop will feature keynotes and facilitation from leading educators including:
- Hasan Jeffries, Associate Professor of History, The Ohio State University
- Charles C. Davis, Jr., Founder, CCD Consulting, LLC
- Kristilynn Turney, CEO and Founder, Dr. Kristilynn Turney, LLC and EdPD Unlimited, LLC
- Becca Gasiewicz Thiemann, Founder, Becca’s Book Box and Tutoring Services
- Duane Moore, Social Studies Educator, Hamilton City Schools
Registration closes June 16. For questions, please contact Dr. Amy Bottomley, Director of Educational Initiatives, at email@example.com or (513) 333-7586.
Sponsored by: The Ohio State University, PepsiCo Foundation, PNC Foundation and Kroger Co. Foundation