The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center presents the semi-annual Theodore M. Berry Lecture Series, sponsored by Cincinnati Bell and Convergys. This series, named for Ted Berry, Cincinnati's first African American Mayor and a leading civil rights activist, brings to the City distinguished lecturers on Human Rights and Public Policy issues that further the Freedom Center's mission. Speakers in this series have included:
- US Attorney General Eric Holder
- The Honorable Leon Higginbotham, distinguished Federal Circuit Court jurist and winner of the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1995;
- Former United Nations Ambassador Andrew Young;
- Journalist and columnist Anthony Lewis;
- Historian David McCullough;
- Author Doris Kearns Goodwin
Each lecture is free and open to the public.